Eight Steps to Computer Security
Computer Security Day is an annual event begun in 1988 that was designed to remind everyone who uses a computer to protect their computer and their data.
Protecting and backing-up data seems simple enough, but is easy to forget until disaster has struck. To add some security to your computer environment, take these simple steps on this day:
1. Change your password.
2. Update your anti-virus program and check for computer viruses.
3. Back-up your data.
4. Delete unneeded files.
5. Install and inspect your power surge protection.
6. Eliminate dust from your computer area.
7. Register all commercial software used on your computer.
8. Install all security-related updates to your computer’s operating system.
At B' nai B'rith Queens Apartments in Flushing, New York, nothing is more important to us than your health, happiness, and overall well-being. We offer these informative blogs as a way to enhance your lifestyle beyond the scope of physical features and services we provide in our beautiful and welcoming community.